- Murza and Azerus called you to a meeting. Present at this meeting were Murza, Azerus, and Bane Brisbee (the CEO of the Synergistics corporation, and your new business partner).
- They informed you that the public is still largely unaware of the looming threat that is out there, but they must send you out to deal with it. Since you are now famous in Arkadia as well as the Southern Kingdoms, this would arouse many questions. A cover story would be needed.
- From the Public’s Perspective – You, the newly-appointed Grand Master Cartographers of the Argent League of Explorers, will be allowed to perform the tasks that made you famous in the first place. You will head out into the wild again with the full backing and support of not only the Southern Kingdoms, but Arkadia as well. You will search for new civilizations, map the world,
and discover amazing things. (Boldy going where no man… well you get the idea). This new initiative was dubbed the Coalition Expedition Force.
- In Reality – You will be searching for more clues as to the patterns of the Nightmare which is returning to the land. You will stop any corruption you find.
- The Cool Part – As a coalition-sponsored expedition force, Murza has gifted you with an Airship, The Wyvern. Bane Brisbee has had his corporation Synergistics (and the new subsidiary Paradigm, in which you hold some ownership) equip The Wyvern with Arkadian-level magic items (internal ambient lighting, working bathrooms, kitchen, and… oh yeah… magical cannons). A crew was assembled which comprises of several capable people from both Arkadia and the Southern Kingdoms, a symbol of the unity between the two.
1 – Captain Euro Albion – Human – A veterain airship captain, he was in the Arkadian Sky Guard.
2 – Pilot Laranh Grandfalcon – Elf – Expert pilot, she served with Euro in the Guard, and came at his recommendation.
3 – Engineer Thor Wobblecog – Gnome – A genius mechanic. He is more at home with machines than people. Odd guy.
4 – Mage Aera Sheol – Human – A master of the elements, she has the job of keeping the Air and Fire elemental
happy, so they will provide the energy necessary for running the ship.
5 – Chef Tsaz Madgut (aka “Cookie”) – Goblin – Always smoking a cigar, sporting a greasy apron, and keeping a sloppy
kitchen, he is your chef. And despite the mess, his cooking is actually quite delicious.
6 – Other Crew – Mixed Races – Various other crew, some dwarf, human, elf, etc… the muscle and deckhands.
The ship has 3 levels:
LVL 1 – Top deck, has control wheel, crows nest above it, and an enclosed “War room” with a giant table. The table is equipped with a map enchantment for navigation (similar to the magical map you were given by Azerus). Adjacent to the war room are two Guest Bedrooms.
LVL 2 – Living Quarters, has a common room for meals and entertainment, crew bunk beds, and bigger bedrooms for the members of the party. Also has one GIANT bedroom reserved for the captain. Also, the middle of the ship houses the machinery and enclosures which house the Air Elemental and Fire Elemental, powering the ship.
LVL 3 – Steerage, has large cargo area, additional bedrooms for the party, additional crew bunk beds, and a pantry and library area. The Air / Fire elemental cages and machinery extend down into this floor as well. The cannon maintenance is done from this level as well.
- With your new crew and ship, you set forth for your inaugural flight. With the giant portal between Arkadia and the Southern Kingdoms complete, you would have the honor of taking the first trip on it, a symbol of the unity between nations. You flew to Portland, and along the way succeeded in charming the crew. Things are going smoothly. After porting from Portland down to Woodfall, you see a familiar cast of characters there to greet you. After a long goodbye,
you turn your ship northward, into the wild!
- Darius, who has had Zyne speaking to him in his head the whole time, has become increasingly paranoid. Or was he always this paranoid? This thought makes Darius worry… surely someone is messing with him. He has a suspicion that all of these strangers on board leaves the party open for potential danger… surely someone on board is a traitor. Zyne whispers into his head… ‘Hahaha… clever, you are smart to distrust me. I am surely not so stupid as to only send YOU as a spy. Of course I have another spy on board that ship.’